Sunday, September 11, 2011

23 Weeks!

We had another doctor's appointment on Friday (9/9).  I measured/weighed and we heard the heartbeat again.  Everyone is healthy and growing.  I have gained between 6-10 pounds and the baby is now the size of a large mango (over a pound).  She is moving the most at night, but I feel her in the morning and throughout the day, as well.  I went to my first children's consignment sale at Mt. Pleasant this week/weekend.  I volunteered to help sort and hang clothes on Tuesday after work so I could attend the preview sale on Thursday evening.  Chris met me at 6pm and we bought some of her first items at a great price:
Pack-N-Play (for the lake) $12
Bumbo Seat ($2)
Pink, Foldable Toy Chest ($5)
Eddie Bauer Shopping Cart Cover ($6)
Bath Tub ($6)
Boppy Pillow ($7) and Slip Cover ($6)
Large Black/Pink poke-a-dotted Diaper Bag ($4)
We ate at my Grandma Overbey's afterward and were excited to tell everyone what we found.  I went back early on Saturday for the 1/2 price sale.  I bought about 20 nice outfits, 2 hooded towels/wash mitten, bottle holder, a car seat protector, 5 new receiving blankets and 1 brand new thermal blanket for only $33.  I can get into this!
Proudly, I went back home and showed Chris my selections.  We went to Chick-Fil-A in Burlington to have breakfast and then over to Target to register.  We ended up in Greensboro at Babies-R-Us and were completely overwhelmed with all that comes with a baby.  Exhausted and she is not even here yet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment